Saturday, July 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home

To my great pleasure, I am now living in my new house in the City of David! It's a month earlier than projected, and a much welcome transition after several unexpected moves. :) The City of David [Silwan] is comprised of 5,000 Muslim households, 36 Jewish households and 4 other households.

I'm learning the ropes here slowly but surely and it feels like home already. (More details on that to come!) I must confess, there is a bit of culture shock - the heat and noise here are unparalleled. The minarets broadcast quite loudly from every 15 minutes to every 4 or 5 hours day and night. There are 9 minarets within ear shot and sometimes they all air simultaneously. Needless to say, I'm not in Kansas anymore. ;) Shutting the windows is not an option due to the heat. The good news is I am finally able to sleep through some of it and have begun to experience peace and joy here. Thank you very much for all your support which makes this possible!

No comments: